The Quickest Path to the Interviews You Seek is to Become an Interviewer Worth Spending Time With
Hi, I'm Jeff Brown, a veteran award-winning broadcaster and successful podcaster.
My goal is to help you and your content stand out so that you can build a large and engaged following.
One of the ways I stand out is by creating memorable and talked-about interviews. I've found there's no better way to connect with the influencers and thought leaders you seek than by building a reputation as a professional-sounding interviewer.
How? Well, that's where my new course comes in.
This course is specifically designed to help you take your interview skills - whether for you blog, podcast, or YouTube channel - to an entirely new level.
I'll share with you the same strategies and techniques I teach my one-on-one coaching clients (and for thousands less), all gleaned from my nearly 30 years experience as a radio professional and, now, award-nominated podcaster.
Do you struggle with any of these issues?
- Imposter Syndrome: Who am I to interview smart, successful people?
- How best to prepare for your interviews
- Intimidated to the point your nerves prevent you from doing your best
- Unsure how much of yourself to inject into your interviews
- Concerned you'll sound like an amateur
- Knowing when to ask follow up questions and when to just shut up and move on
- How best to convince your guests to share your conversation with their audience
- Approaching influencers for introductions to their network
- Dealing with the "Nos" to your requests for interviews
- Getting your content the kind of attention it deserves
What if, instead, you could feel:
Would that make a difference in your ability to grow an engaged audience and following? You bet!
Plus, one of the greatest benefits of conducting interviews is the powerful networking opportunities it provides. But most interviewers squander this opportunity, either because they're ill-prepared, unprofessional, are in it for themselves, or any other number of reasons.
That's why I stress - and teach - the importance of the four pillars of executing excellent interviews.
In the course Land the Big Interviews and Get Pro Results, you'll learn:
- Preparation - I'll share my proven preparation process, from question writing and research, to creating a proper Interview Rundown, and crafting the kind of email correspondence that will increase the likelihood of getting a "yes" from the guests you seek
- Practice - I'll outline the steps you need to take to ready your interview space and put yourself in the right frame of mind before an interview begins, ensuring you're ready to "knock it out of the park" every time
- Performance - In this module (my personal favorite), you'll learn interview techniques the pros use - and that 99% of interviewers aren't even aware of - that will make your interviews the kind your listeners, viewers, readers and guests will tell others about, putting your content in an elite, and memorable, group
- Polish - Here, you'll learn how to tell the difference between the interview moments that should stay, from the ones better left on the cutting room floor
Here's what previous students - several nominated for awards - have to say about Podcaster Academy...
"My show is a success because of Jeff. His course and expertise helped me build a successful podcast."
Liz Covart of Ben Franklin's World, nominated best History podcast (with over 1,000,000 downloads)
"I've learned new techniques, and new strategies to help bring all aspects of my podcast up another level to help my listeners get more out of each episode. Podcaster Academy will help you, no matter what level you are currently at."
"One of the best decisions I've made in my business. Jeff is extremely knowledgeable. Without him, I can't imagine where I'd be. Definitely world class. "
Alexa Schirm of Simple Roots Radio, a Top 10 Fitness & Nutrition podcast (iTunes)
"After publishing over 450 podcast episodes, I went into Podcaster Academy thinking I knew everything I needed to know about podcasting. I learned a lot more than I anticipated. I’m really thankful that I came across this course and am blessed to consider Jeff my coach.”
Nick Seuberling of Inside the Jungle (formerly Who-Dey Weekly), nominated best Sports & Recreation podcast
"I openly admit that the transformation I went through would have taken years, but with Podcaster Academy, it took me just 4 weeks. Jeff provides modules, guiding tools, resources and quality content at every step."
Addy Saucedo of Modern Vintage Radio and the Audiobooks.com podcast
"If you ever plan to do your own podcast, Jeff is the one to mimic. Listen to HOW he interviews and conducts the show. Even if you've heard his guests on other interviews, listen to them again on Jeff's show and he draws out so much more."
Matt Champagne (iTunes reviewer, July 15, 2016)
Hi I'm Jeff Brown, and I'm a former award-winning radio host and producer. Following a 26-year career in radio, I launched the Read to Lead Podcast to instant acclaim in 2013.
Read to Lead has been nominated Best Business Podcast no less than three times, is an iTunes Essentials podcast (Book Lovers), and has been featured in Inc. and Entrepreneur, and the blogs of Seth Godin, Chris Brogan, and Jeff Goins among others.
I have personally coached hundreds of successful podcasters around the globe - many of them award nominees themselves - and have consulted on podcasts for the US government, and numerous multimillion dollar companies.
Your purchase comes with a 30-day, money-back guarantee. If you're not completely satisfied, contact me within 30 days of your purchase for a full, no-questions-asked, refund.
StartModule I Companion Doc, Case Study, and Sample Interview Rundown
PreviewLesson 1:1 - Making the Case for Excellence (3:38)
StartLesson 1:2 - Research and Vetting Your Guests (Includes Quiz) (7:49)
StartLesson 1:3 - Determining Your Destination - Beginning with the End in Mind (Includes Quiz) (4:40)
StartLesson 1:4 - The Many Benefits of Prepared Questions (Includes Quiz) (7:23)
StartLesson 1:5 - Creating an Interview Rundown (12:36)
Frequently Asked Questions
"Jeff is the best in the business when it comes to giving practical advice on how to make your podcast better. I do everything he tells me to do, and it's working!"
Jeff Goins, bestselling author, blogger, and host of The Portfolio Life podcast